Healthy Living Campus – PACE and Timeline August 2022
Healthy Living Campus Master Plan Conceptual Open Space Rendering
View a conceptual video rendering of what the Healthy Living Campus master plan open space could look like.
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is in the planning and design stages of creating a Healthy Living Campus on the District’s Redondo Beach property located at 514 North Prospect Avenue. When completed, the 11-acre site will be a hub of well-being that serves and connects Beach Cities residents – ranging from children and families to adults and older adults – with abundant health and wellness services, programs and facilities.
The approved project features:
- A Youth Wellness Center (for ages 12 – 25)
- At least two acres of active open green space
- Residential Care for the Elderly (reduced from 420 units to 217, including memory care)
- Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly, or PACE, an out-patient program that includes medical care, medication management and adult day health care services.
- A new energy-efficient, seismically compliant facility
- Bike and pedestrian paths
- Programmable space for community services and activities, creating greater access to BCHD’s robust preventive health benefits
- Building height limited to 83 feet and under (the tallest building on the current campus is 76 feet)
- Buildings shifted to the north behind the Vons center and away from the Torrance-facing east side of the campus
- Minimized construction time: five years in two phases (originally nine years in three phases)
- Residential Care for the Elderly (RCFE) - Memory Care & Assisted Living
- Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- Community Services (Social Workers, Assistance, Information and Referral, Youth Wellness Center)
- Active Open Green Space
- Community Wellness Pavilion
- Center for Health & Fitness
Healthy Living Campus planning has been a multi-year endeavor. The proposed project has undergone revisions based on community feedback and input from expert structural and financial consultants.
Conceptual Beryl/Flagler/Diamond Bike Path
For information about the Beryl/Flagler/Diamond conceptual bike and pedestrian improvement project visit, https://www.bchd.org/healthpolicy