Environmental Impact Report
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is preparing an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) as the Lead Agency for the BCHD Healthy Living Campus Master Plan (Project) as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Geotechnical Report – Converse Consultants, June 2016
- Biological Resources Assessment – Hamilton Biological, May 2019
- Historic Resources Assessment – LSA, February 2018
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment – Converse Consultants, May 2019
Notice of Preparation and Scoping Meetings
A Notice of Preparation (NOP) has been issued to inform interested members of the public, trustee agencies, responsible agencies, and other public agencies that an EIR is being prepared. The NOP provides information describing the proposed Project and its potential environmental impacts to those who wish to comment regarding the scope and content of the information to be included in the EIR.
Four (4) Public Scoping Meetings will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - Joslyn Community Center, 1601 North Valley Drive, Manhattan Beach
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - West High School (Cafeteria 4), 20401 Victor St., Torrance
- Monday, July 22, 2019 - Hermosa Beach City Council Chambers, 1315 Valley Drive, Hermosa Beach
The public scoping meetings will have an “open house” format, with a brief presentation and overview of the proposed Project presented from 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
Additionally, an Agency Scoping Meeting for staff will be held on Monday, July 15, 2019 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Beach Cities Health District, located at 514 North Prospect Avenue, Beach Cities Room – Lower Level, Redondo Beach.
The public review period for the NOP extends from June 27, 2019 to July 29, 2019. Comments received are reviewed and used to determine the scope of the EIR. Comments may be submitted at the Scoping Meetings, by mail or email no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, July 29, 2019. Please reference BCHD Healthy Living Campus Master Plan in the subject line and include your name, address and concerns.
Mr. Nick Meisinger, Environmental Planner
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc.
9210 Sky Park Court, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123