Environmental Impact Report
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is preparing an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) as the Lead Agency for the BCHD Healthy Living Campus Master Plan (Project) as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Geotechnical Report – Converse Consultants, June 2016
- Biological Resources Assessment – Hamilton Biological, May 2019
- Historic Resources Assessment – LSA, February 2018
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment – Converse Consultants, May 2019
All submitted comments are now posted here. Audio recordings from the oral comment portion of each of the four public scoping meetings and one agency scoping meeting are also available.
Listen to the Oral Public Comment Section For:
- Public scoping meeting July 15, 2019
- Agency Scoping meeting July 15, 2019
- Public scoping meeting July 17
- Public scoping meeting July 18
- Public scoping meeting July 22
Notice of Preparation and Scoping Meetings
A Notice of Preparation (NOP) has been issued to inform interested members of the public, trustee agencies, responsible agencies, and other public agencies that an EIR is being prepared. The NOP provides information describing the proposed Project and its potential environmental impacts to those who wish to comment regarding the scope and content of the information to be included in the EIR.
Four (4) Public Scoping Meetings were held from 6 to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - Joslyn Community Center, 1601 North Valley Drive, Manhattan Beach
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - West High School (Cafeteria 4), 20401 Victor St., Torrance
- Monday, July 22, 2019 - Hermosa Beach City Council Chambers, 1315 Valley Drive, Hermosa Beach
Additionally, an Agency Scoping Meeting for staff was held on Monday, July 15, 2019 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Beach Cities Health District, located at 514 North Prospect Avenue, Beach Cities Room – Lower Level, Redondo Beach.
The public review period for the NOP extended from June 27, 2019 to July 29, 2019 and is now closed. Comments received are reviewed and used to determine the scope of the EIR.
Mr. Nick Meisinger, Environmental Planner
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc.
9210 Sky Park Court, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123